First we must go back to when the withdraws were ordered by President Trump. President Trump has previously said he wants “all” troops home by Christmas 2020. The withdrawal should be finished by 15 January, US media reported, just days before Mr Biden’s inauguration as president. America’s top envoy to the multinational military coalition to defeat ISIS admitted in a recent interview that he routinely lied to senior government officials about U.S. troops levels.
“We were always playing shell games to not make clear to our leadership how many troops we had there,” outgoing diplomat Jim Jeffrey told Defense One reporter Katie Bo Williams in an interview. The Pro-Biden Department of Defense wanted to hold off the exit until Biden was in office so he could take credit for ending the forever wars. This backfired bigly as a result of Biden’s incompetence.
Rarely has an American president’s predictions been so wrong, so fast, so convincingly as President Biden on Afghanistan. Usually military operations and diplomacy are long; the outcomes, foggy. Not here.
Flashback: Just five weeks ago, President Biden assured Americans: “The likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”
- In April, Biden said: “We will not conduct a hasty rush to the exit. We’ll do it responsibly, deliberately, and safely.”
Yesterday, the Taliban is entering the Afghanistan capital, Kabul, “from all sides,” a senior Afghan official told Reuters. Jalalabad, the last major city besides the capital not held by the Taliban, fell yesterday.
- Afghan forces surrendered Bagram Air Base, the Grand Central of America’s longest war, Kabul, The US Embassy, And the Afghan Palace to the Taliban Today.
The Taliban will soon declare the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from the presidential palace in Kabul, an official for the militant group says. That was the name of the country under the Taliban government ousted by U.S.-led forces in 2001. On the 20 Year anniversary of 9/11 the Taliban will be in more control of Afghanistan than they were when 9/11 happened.
How Did Biden Allow This To Happen?
President Joe Biden planed to withdraw the remaining 2,500 U.S. troops from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021, 20 years to the day after the al Qaeda attacks that triggered America’s longest war.
The disclosure of the plan came on the same day that the U.S. intelligence community released a gloomy outlook for Afghanistan, forecasting “low” chances of a peace deal this year and warning that its government would struggle to hold the Taliban insurgency at bay if the U.S.-led coalition withdraws support.
Biden’s decision would miss the May 1st deadline for withdrawal agreed to with the Taliban by his predecessor Donald Trump. The insurgents had threatened to resume hostilities against foreign troops if that deadline was missed. This gave the Taliban time to begin planning and preparing their dash for the capitol of Afghanistan. Using the disorganization of a drawn out withdraw to their advantage. Trump’s May 1st Deadline could have avoided ALL CONFLICT. The Taliban did not carry out a single attack until after May 1st. Meanwhile Biden did not even begin the withdraw until May 1st. Biden directly put troops in harms way.
Less than 40 Days ago Biden said there is no circumstance where the Taliban would take over. Despite his own intelligence community telling him everyday it was now inevitable. Biden denied the reality of this even when asked by reporters.
Essentially the message the Taliban get from this is that America has their guard down. The Afghanistan government let their guard down because Biden claimed the Taliban stood no chance.
“Do I trust the Taliban? No,” Mr. Biden said. “But I trust the capacity of the Afghan military, who is better trained, better equipped and more competent in terms of conducting war.”
But in the last seven days, the single most stunning week in two decades of war, that military collapsed. Vital cities fell to the Taliban one after another. A sense of panic has taken hold. The Americans, who for years trained the Afghan forces and fought alongside them to hold off the Taliban, are evacuating most of the embassy in Kabul, the capital.
The brutal campaign by the Taliban to recapture the country gained ground earlier this year, when officers in rural outposts began to surrender. It picked up steam almost immediately after American troops began to withdraw, on May 1, and it has only accelerated since.
To no one but Biden supporters surprise the Taliban stayed true to their word and when the May 1st deadline was not met they began taking over cities and bases.
As the Taliban attacked cities across the country, it was clear that government forces were exhausted, disorganized and, without American support, overmatched. Many cities collapsed without a shot being fired as forces surrendered or fled.
The Afghanistan Government is now in control of NO MAJOR CITIES. The Taliban became stronger as time went since Afghanistan Military members surrendered or joined them. The Taliban has also secured an untold amount of American weapons in their take over.
Here is how the Taliban took over most of the country since the United States started its withdrawal:
The Taliban consolidated its control of major highways, levying taxes on motorists. It seized several border crossings and appropriated custom duties. And it intensified an assassination campaign, killing government officials, human rights and civil society activists, police officers, journalists and religious scholars.
Less than 3 days ago Biden’s administration was still covering up the severity of the situation. This led to citizens in Kabul believing they had much more time than they did. Less than 36 hours after the 90 day claim Kabul had fallen and a Taliban flag was raised above the US Embassy.
This led to thousands of troops and American citizens becoming trapped in Kabul thinking they had more time.
Fall Of Kabul Timeline:
3 days Ago
- US Intelligence Covers For Biden – Tells Kabul They have 90 days
- Taliban Takes All But 2 cities
- 1 Airport remained in friendly control (Kabul Airport)
2 Days Ago:
- At the Kabul airport, expected to be a focal point in the coming days, 3,000 U.S. Marines and soldiers began arriving alongside 600 British soldiers to evacuate their diplomats and citizens.
- The mission they’ve been assigned “is to support the State Department’s reduction in personnel by the end of the month, so that’s what we’re focused on,” said spokesperson John Kirby. “That’s the timeline we’re focused on.”
- 2 Days ago still claiming they had until the end of the month to get out.
1 Day Ago:
- The President’s authorization of 5,000 troops on Saturday included 1,000 who are already on the ground in country, according to a defense official. A battalion of 1,000 troops from the 82nd Airborne Division were redirected to Kabul, instead of their original standby position in Kuwait. The Pentagon had previously announced 3,000 additional troops were on their way, the defense official said.
- The US Embassy began moving operations to the airport in preparations for the Embassy to fall
- U.S. Officials made it very easy for the Taliban to pick the last remaining airport as a primary target
- Taliban Only 6 Miles from Embassy
- U.S. forces evacuated diplomatic personnel by military helicopter from the embassy compound to the airport in Kabul.
- The State Department urged U.S. citizens in Afghanistan to shelter in place citing reports of sporadic gunfire in At Kabul Airport.
- Flights in and out had to be stopped.
- In another apparent concession, the Associated Press and Reuters reported Sunday that Afghan President Ashraf Ghani flew out of his country. CNBC has confirmed these reports.
- Taliban have taken control of the Embassy and the Palace
Happening Right Now
Chaos at Kabul airport: Hundreds want to leave Afghanistan and are panicking. Gunshots can be heard. No security Remains at the airport. There is now no way of Afghanistan for the Embassy staff or the American troops. Biden’s lack of action has stranded American’s in harms way on the other side of the planet.
As I am writing this more troops have arrived. Now over 6,000 Troops in harms way.
In addition the pentagon just announced MORE troops will be sent.
WASHINGTON: The Pentagon authorised another 1,000 troops to help evacuate US citizens and Afghans who worked for them from Kabul, a US official said on Sunday (Aug 15), after the embassy warned the security situation at the city’s airport was changing quickly.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the addition brings the total number of troops in Afghanistan temporarily to 6,000. The soldiers would come from the 82nd Airborne Division, which had been on standby.
Biden may have restarted a war. Evacuations and withdraws should have been done MONTHS AGO!
President Trump Just released this statement: